Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity, is one of the famous quotes from John F. Kennedy.
In order to prevent having health problems, it is highly recommended to practice yoga in the morning whether you are a morning person or not. Yes, it is a tough challenge to take due to the fact that one has to do something immediately upon waking up that requires energy and will power. However, once one gets used to doing it regularly as soon as you wake up, eventually, one will start to notice remarkable and positive results that will benefit one’s life both in the long and short term. Have a look at the 5 simple yoga poses below and start realizing having that healthy body, mind and soul.
- Downward Dog Pose
To be able to achieve this pose, one should take the palms a little wider than shoulder width, tuck the toes and lift the hips into the air. The chest moves back toward the thighs with the head relaxed and arms straight. Roll the shoulders away from the ears.
Benefits of the Downward Dog Pose
- It is a great way to strengthen the upper extremities and build bone density.
- It fights slumpy-posture syndrome . The downward dog pose can be used as an antidote to all that time we spend hunched over. It is useful for opening the anterior chest wall and shoulders due to excessive desk work.
- It strengthens a lot of muscles in the foot.
- It can assist in opening up the sinuses and allow the flow of mucus when there is nasal congestion
- Child’s Pose (Balasana)
To be able to do this, one must pull the toes together behind you while in a kneeling position. Open your knees to leave room for your upper body, and bring your chest to the floor.
Benefits of Child’s Pose
- It stablizes the spine by providing opposing actions when this is done consequently with the cobra pose.
- It enables to Open the hips and back that results in a calming state of the body.
- It helps in relieving anxiety and stress.
- It helps in healthy blood circulation all throughout the body.
- Triangle Pose – Stand with feet wider and turn right toes out and left toes inward. Draw the torso as far to the right maintaining length through the Then place right hand above the knee and extend left arm above shoulder. Spin right hip forward and left hip back and finally gaze toward the floor to stretch the neck.
Benefits of the Triangle Pose
- Triangle Pose can be a building block for balance and grace in all areas of your life.
- It strengthens the muscles in the thighs, back and hips while toning the knees and ankles.
- It also helps in improving metabolism and therapeutic for anxiety, flat feet and osteoporosis.
- It manages to shed fats from the stomach,thighs, waist and hips.
- Standing Forward Bend Pose– Walk your feet toward the hands and let the upper body hang. The neck and head are relaxed and the knees are bent. Start to straighten the legs and length through the spine the head moves slowly towards the feet.
Benefits of the Forward Bend Pose
- Stimulates the kidneys, liver, spleen
- Calms the mind and soothes the nerves
- Stretches the hips, hamstrings, and calves
- The thighs and knees become strong.
- Warrior III Pose- Do a lunge position with right foot forward bent and left foot back straight. Hinge forward at your hips and bring torso close to parallel with the floor. At the same time, kick left leg up to hip-height, forming a straight line from the crown of your head to your toes. Place both hands at heart center, draw belly button toward the spine and gaze a few inches in front of you.
Benefits of the Warrior III Pose
- It enhances your ability to concentrate, keeping your mind calmly focused when faced with difficulty.
- It creates stability all over the entire body by integrating all of the muscles throughout your core, arms, and legs.
- It improves the balance, posture, and full-body coordination overall.
- It tones the abdominal muscles
- Cat/Cow Pose (Bidalasana)
In a tabletop position, with shoulders over the wrists and hips over the knees, start to place weight evenly through the hands and legs.
Gently lift the wrists and knees off the mat this enable to engage the core, place weight through the shins, and alleviate negative effects on the wrists. Lightly rest the wrists and knees back on the mat.
Benefits of the Cat/Cow Pose
- It helps relieve stress from menstrual cramps and lower back pain.
- The movements stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen, chest, and lungs.
- It strengthens and improves flexibility of the spine through utilization of the reciprocal relationship between the primary and secondary curves.
- It increased emotional balance and stability of the mind.
- It improves posture and balance
Morning Yoga is a Great Caffeine Stimulator- it stimulates your entire body and mind. Fresh oxygen helps wake up the brain and the energy boost you feel from deep breathing lasts all day long. Early morning yoga helps you to feel more energized and start to feel alive, energetic, enthusiastic with clarity and purpose to do the day to day activities without the need of coffee.
Morning yoga may boost our metabolism- Practicing yoga early in the morning will warm up your digestive system and help nutrients move more easily through the body, causing it to metabolize carbs and fats more quickly. We know how amazing twists can be for wringing out the digestive system and invigorating our vital organs.
Morning yoga stretching prevents injury- it lengthens and stretches our tight bodies, preparing us for all movement of the long day ahead. Yoga increases spinal flexibility and helps in achieving a better posture.
Therefore, there are more reasons for us to wake up early and exercise as this is best for our overall health. Mornings will never be the same again so rise up early and do yoga.